To request a callback from one of our product specialists please enter your details below.
WCM has developed two radical processes for producing castings quicker than ever before, without the need for traditional tooling, we term these as TMC (Tool-Less Metal Castings) for Metal cast parts.
Rapid Lost Wax
Producing near net cast detail with physical metal properties to production intent standards, emulating pressure die casting. In-house we build rapid printed wax models, then prepare waxes onto a casting tree, before encapsulating them in a flask ready for burn out. The parts are then cast under vacuum. Wether prototype or low volume production, in any cast material. No tooling results in significant cost and time savings.
Rapid Sand Moulding
The design in this service is key as we are designing just
the mould pack for sand moulding. Utilising Sand printing machines the
mould can be made in hours for the manufacture of a metal part or a
tool. Both ferrous and non ferrous metals can be cast.
- The process accepts infinite design changes with no
tooling modifications or cost implications
- Product development is radically reduced
- Hard tooling can be started much later with 100% confidence
- Can be used to support and prove FEA analysis reports
- Project cost significantly reduced
- V6 cylinder head casting - 22 Days to first off
- Powertrain bracket typically 5 days, machined 7 days
- Manifold inlet / exhaust 5-10 days
- Auto transmission valve body castings 7 days
- Transmission cases, various, 15-22 days
- Concept wheels, 14 days